Monday, August 08, 2005

Revisiting THE TURD...

This is a comment sent to me via email. It is from my mother (who we will all call "GRAMMY PAMMY" from here on out):


"OK--I understand that this is for fun, but does that mean that all truth is suspended as well??

The box turtle DID NOT DIE and I DID NOT KILL IT; it really ran (crawled) away, and despite serious searches was never seen again by me. I DID NOT THROW IT INTO TURTLE CREEK as legend has it. IT JUST ESCAPED, PERIOD, PARAGRAPH!!

Love, Mom"


Apparently, the whole disappearance of TURD-THE-TURTLE still weighs heavily on my mother's conscience…

My brother (a.k.a. THE TURD) is still - to this day - bothered by the circumstances surrounding his turtle's supposed jaunt to Turtle Creek. According to THE RUNT, it suddenly occurred to my brother that TURD-THE-TURTLE was a “BOX” turtle (and, therefore, cannot swim). Thus, about a year ago (unbeknownst to me), my brother accused my mother of drowning his turtle in Turtle Creek (hence the reference made by GRAMMY PAMMY about throwing the turtle into Turtle Creek).

My favorite part about all this is that:

1) My brother still thinks that the turtle ENDED UP in Turtle Creek (I’ve always thought that it just died and my mother was sparing us that grave/mortal reality).
2) My mother is now insisting that TURD-THE-TURTLE never died, which means that the reptile did…what? Vanish? Become invisible? Actually RUN(crawl)AWAY?

All this has left me rather confused about what actually happened to TURD-THE-TURTLE. It is now a bonafide (if not completely nonsensical) mystery.

Too bad THE X-FILES series ended or they’d have a new story line. I’m sure the CIGARETTE SMOKING MAN was (somehow) in on TURD-THE-TURTLE’s disappearance.

No comments: