Friday, March 04, 2011

Basically, we both think the other is an idiot...

On Tuesday I went to Houston. It was a bright morning, and I really wanted a pair of sunglasses. But an extensive search of the house and my car yielded nothing. Trevor has a propensity for hoarding sunglasses, so I called him to ask if he remembered seeing a pair laying around the house. Or, more likely, if he had "accidentally" transferred all of the sunglasses to his car (he has a tendency to do this as well).

Trevor, after a long, somewhat strange hesitation, replied that he had only one pair of sunglasses. Which pretty much lead me to believe that he actually DID have all of them. Except that he promised that he only had one pair, and he was wearing them.

I only sort of believed him.

Cut to Wednesday afternoon. I returned home from Houston to find sunglasses EVERYWHERE. They were on my bedside table. In the kitchen. On the coffee table. Next to the door. Seriously. Sunglasses all over the house.

When Trevor got home I questioned him about the sudden appearance of the sunglasses, and asked where he found them all. Which is when he decided to try and make me believe that I "just didn't look hard enough on Tuesday morning."

...!

Of course, the REAL story was that he found them all at his office in a pile on his desk. Where he had been depositing a pair every day upon arriving at work.

So, yeah. Trevor is fantastic.

No comments: