Friday, December 12, 2014

Popping in to say HI...

Hi'a.

Just popping in briefly to let everyone know that I'm still alive.  Things are good.  My brother got engaged to a great girl (Hi, CEO) over Thanksgiving, and Banner is rocking the big boy pants.  He is even waking up dry some mornings.  I know, I know...my mind is blown.  I guess I figured potty training would take longer or be more of a struggle than it has been (I'm not kidding when I say THIS was the worst of it).  Someone told me it would click when he was ready, and I supposed that's really true.

And, yes, I am fully aware that I just jinxed myself my writing that down.  All the more so since we have a brand spankin' new sand colored couch arriving on Tuesday.

As for me, I've been trying my best to open up to those closest to me.  2014 has been a hard year - not just for me, but for many that I know and love - and I've really appreciated all your thoughts and prayers.  My fingers are crossed for good things in 2015.  I'm not sure I can see the light at the end or the proverbial tunnel yet, but at least I'm starting to optimistically believe that there might be one.  Baby steps, right?

In other news, I would just like to come out and say that I think the whole Elf on the Shelf thing is completely creepy.  And I don't mean that as a slight to anyone who does it.  Power to you if you do.  It is just that I've been tricked into seeing movies like CHUCKY since I was little (I somehow avoided seeing Annabelle this fall, but that sh*t is bound to come out on demand sooner or later), and I can think of nothing more disturbing than voluntarily bringing a doll into your home that moves around on its own volition, disappears randomly and causes mischief.  Mischief, might I add, that I will presumably have to clean up.

Plus, the d@mn thing has mitts for hands.  MITTS!

No thank you!

Trevor, of course, completely disagrees.  He is willing to sacrifice our safety in order to bribe our child to behave for three weeks in December.  It is obviously a good thing I'm around to stop him.  FOR ALL OUR SAKES.

Happy weekend, y'all, and enjoy all the back posts. 

1 comment:

RR said...

I totally agree. The Elf on the Shelf thing is creepy. No Elf on a Shelf will ever be allowed in my house. Fie on Trevor for bringing it into your house, fie!