Monday, July 09, 2007

Things that make me go, "Hmmmm"...

Can we please take a second to discuss this picture?




Please note the three girls in the image. Yes, yes…I’m the one in the white sweater, but that is beside the point. Would you have ever guessed:

1) I am the only one of the three that has never been married.

2) The girl in blue has been engaged, married, divorced and engaged for a second time – all in substantially less time than Trevor and I have been together.

3) My father dated the mother of the girl in blue a couple of years ago, which was definitely interesting. Her mother is now a professional ballroom dancer, and knows all the people on Dancing with the Stars. She’s also had a lot of work done and smokes like a chimney, but that’s neither here nor there.

4) The girl in red (who I’ll refer to as “R”) is now retired. Yes, retired. Whereas most people wait until the age of 65, “R” was well ahead of the curve when she comfortably retired last summer at the ripe old age of 25. I’m not sure if I should roll my eyes or be impressed.

Similarly:

1) Why don’t I have a crayon?

2) Why does “R” have three?

3) Did “R” steal my crayon?

4) What is up with our facial expressions? None of us look even remotely amused.


Anyway, this post doesn’t really have a point. I just found the picture and thought I’d share.

The end.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see the pic of all three of you in bikinis ...

Here's my anali .. analysi ... interpretation.

#3 in the first list explains #2 in the first list.

#4 in the first list explains #2 and #3 in the second list and maybe #1 in the second list.

Cute pic circa mid to early 80's?

~Jef

Anonymous said...

Is "R" the same as "RR"?

Deals On Wheels said...

No, no. "R" is a different person than "RR". Sorry for the confusion!

Lia said...

I think there might be a crayon in that tightly closed fist.

Also, how do I retire at 25. It's not too late, so I'd love some advice on that.

Anonymous said...

lia,

I don't think she is holding a crayon in that closed fist, she is about to give a roundhouse to R...I've seen that look before...

Deals On Wheels said...

Yes, no one touches MY crayon...

Lia said...

Trevor - I think I see what you're saying - something in the expression of the mouth . . .

:)

Jenn said...

I used to eat crayons. There would be no evidence.

As for your picture, THAT is too cute. Too dad gum cute!

Anonymous said...

I think it was taken at my house looks way too familiar :)