Tuesday, May 27, 2014

They are just so fluffy!!!

For the last week or two, we've noticed a couple of ducks in the neighborhood.  My neighbors are adding on to their house, but they have a pool.  Part of me thought maybe the ducks were nesting in their backyard since the family that lives there (and all their animals) have relocated during the renovation.

So imagine my surprise when I witnessed all these adorable little balls of fuzz emerging for the first time from the overgrown plant in my front yard:


It was all the noise the mother duck was making that got my attention.  She was sitting next to the flower bed on the deck quacking into my overgrown shrubbery.  Every few seconds another duckling would pop out until they were all present and accounted for.  It might have been the cutest thing in the history of ever.

Quacking into the plant where she had hidden her nest.

My only regret was that I had JUST taken Banner to school (I was technically off today but had a lunch thing).  He would have LOVED seeing the baby ducks waddle off on their first big adventure!

Good luck, little duckies!!!

No comments: