Friday, September 12, 2014

On Superhero Cosplay...


I think I mentioned before that Banner is slightly obsessed with superheroes.  It might be one of my favorite phases yet.  Mainly because it is adorable, and also because of the way he pronounces the names of some of his favorite Avengers ("Huck", "Piderman", "Toy-r", "Cap-ain 'Murica", etc.).

Also, because it means we've finally reached that stage in development where playing dress up is a thing.  Seriously, is there anything cuter?  My mom bought Banner three costumes at Costco.  Sounds excessive, but they were only $15 and the hope is that one of them will survive the next month and a half so it can be used for Halloween.

But the very, very best was when he tried on that Spiderman mask for the very first time, and looked in the mirror.  His little jaw dropped in amazement at the image being reflected back.  I wish I had a photo because the caption totally would read, "Holy sh*t, you guys!  I AM Spiderman!"


In related news, have you ever tried to get a two year old out of Spiderman PJs or his favorite Hulk costume?  Yeah.  Talk about an exercise it futility.  Our record in the Spiderman PJs is forty eight hours.

No comments: