Thursday, September 14, 2006

You learn something new everyday (whether you like it or not)...

Did you know that dogs can get yeast infections...

...in their EARS?!


Because I didn’t.
(Until yesterday, that is.)


I swimmin'!  I swimmin'!

Gypsy Kitty has one.

In her right ear.

Poor baby.

And the best part is that she didn’t get it from swimming or bathing.

Oh, no, no. Not MY dog.
Her yeast infection is a direct result of her allergies
(which, apparently, are really, really, REALLY bad this time of the year).

That’s right. My dog has allergies.

Bad allergies.

Exceptionally needy animals are drawn to me.

No judge Wypsie.  Me no help it.  Me needy!
Stop judging us…

7 comments:

chirky said...

Oh! She's so cuuuutteeee.

The Runt said...

gross!

Amstaff Mom said...

Poor baby. And yes, I knew that. I think it's a Lab thing.

Deals On Wheels said...

Yeah, I think you are right. Either it's a Lab thing or it is something that affects all floppy-eared dogs...

Tim Rice said...

That last picture makes me think, "Oh, to have a dog's life!"

As for allergies, this is a bad time of year that way. A lot of people at work are suffering from them and so am I for the past several days. But we get through it.

Deals On Wheels said...

Tim: I know! Fall allergies are the worst! I just refilled my prescription for Zyrtec.

As for Gypsy Kitty, her allergies just make her itch all over. Must be horrible...

Deals On Wheels said...

Jef: Thanks for the advice! I never knew you could give Benedryl to dogs!