Saturday, October 28, 2006

Africa: Safari, Day IV...

So cold.  So windy.

On top of the big rock looking for game...

Tracking...

Look at the clouds...

Giraffe...

A chicken and her 'peeps' at the lodge...

Hand gun, anyone?!

Driving in ‘Messina’...

…Or is it ‘Musina’?  Depends on which road sign you happen upon first.  Apparently, the government is sloooowly changing the spelling of several of its towns and villages.

Rugby, anyone?!

Beautiful end to a day that began so cold and misty...

6 comments:

The Runt said...

Trick or Treat!
Love,
Runt and Dolly

Amstaff Mom said...

I sure am enjoying your Africa pics!

chirky said...

Work has your pics blocked. Which means all I can do is read, "Giraffe" and imagine a long-necked creature with a beautiful coat sticking its slimy black tongue (looks like a slug!) out and grasping at tree leaves.

Am I close?

Deals On Wheels said...

Poor, poor Jes...

It's actually a picture of my dog in a Halloween costume. Except she was a pumpkin, not a giraffe. I just wrote “giraffe” to confuse you...

Anonymous said...

Those last four don't really look like what I imagine for a safari. On the other hand, your pics are stimulating my "jealous" gland, so I'll be drooling soon.

Tim Rice said...

My favorite pic here is the photo with the three people at the top of the rock. It's stark simplicity draws me to it.