Monday, October 23, 2006

I'm baaaack...

As many of you may already know, I am back from Africa.

The trip was a lot of fun, and I have a gazillion pictures (many of which I will be posting in the days and weeks to come). Until then, though, have patience my dear grasshoppers…

In other news, the State Fair ended yesterday (yey!). Since I was in Africa, I got to miss the first two weeks of the fair. However, my coworkers got their revenge upon my return last Monday – forcing me to work late almost everyday last week as well as most of the day yesterday. So, yeah…I just got back from a vacation and I already need another one. Ug.

I did have Saturday off, though, which was wonderful. Trevor turned the big 3-O on the 16th, so we celebrated with his family before heading to the fair (for fun, not work). AM, Lazy Gnome and the Impatients' (yes, both Chicken and Bee) were there, as well as Trevor, Spencer (Trevor’s little brother), and Brandi (Spencer’s girlfriend).

The Impatients' wowed me yet again with the amount of food they were able to consume in a single afternoon. It really was quite amazing, considering their size (small) and physique (bean pole). Granted, I wasn’t with them every single minute of “fair time” on Saturday, but here is a list of what I know they ate:

- 2 Fletchers Corny Dogs
- Cheesecake
- Fried Mac and Cheese
- Fudge
- Fried Coca Cola
- Ice cream on a stick

I also think they may have consumed a funnel cake, but that might just be hearsay. Funnel cake or no, though, it is impressive considering how tiny they both are!

Katie was also supposed to go with us, but – as always – she had something better to do. Sigh. Some stalker/bodyguard she is turning out to be!

Oh, Oh, Oh! Spencer FINALLY won a basketball this year without his brother’s help! After last year (when Trevor won four basketballs and Spencer won none) it seemed appropriate that luck should finally change in his favor. Granted, none of us actually saw him win it, but...you know! :P

The most impressive sight, at least in my humble opinion, was Boris II. I wasn’t the only one who thought so, either. Apparently, the 1,147 pound boar was voted THE BEST NEW FAIR ATTRACTION in a poll on DallasNews.com. And everyone knows that you can’t get much more scientifically accurate than DallasNews.com!

I don’t think Boris II was Numero Uno because he was a giant pig, however. Oh, no. Forgive me, but I think Boris II was voted Number One because “certain parts” of Boris were…uhmmm…“giant” as well. I’m sure I’m not the only one noticed (nor am I the only one to photograph the…uh…phenomenon).

Anyway, you be the judge:

Boris II apparently sleeps 23 hours a day on average...

Now that's a BIG PIG!

9 comments:

JLR said...

Hey, we were there for something like 5 hours! You can fit in a lot of food during 5 hours. I'm just sorry we didn't have a chance to try some of the other new fair food before it got freezing cold and I was forced to retreat indoors.

Also, for the record, we did not eat the fudge, we took it home to freeze.

Amstaff Mom said...

And, for the record, it was FRIED cheesecake, b/c they wouldn't eat Trevor's REGULAR cheesecake, it must be fried.

My body is still in shock I believe. I walked/jogged 7 miles yesterday. After eating all the friedness at the fair the night before. punishment!

It was so fun going to the fair with you! Thanks for letting me tag along!

And really! I didn't ever see Boris standing up. Or his "rear view". WOW.

Katie said...

Sniff
Sniff

Ugh, I am a loser stalker/bodyguard because I seem to be failing in both aspects.

Though after looking at the pictures of *ahem* Boris II I think that I have bodyguarded myself from being exposed to such a disturbing sight.

Deals On Wheels said...

I just crack up every time I see the pictures of Boris II. I'm totally fascinated by that pig (I don't know what that says about me as a person, but whatever).

They fry cheesecake? Really?! Uhmmmm...ew. That hurts me, and I didn't even have any.

AM, I was so happy that you came with us!! It was a pleasure to get to hang out with you (as always). I felt so bad that you got temporarily separated from me and the Twinkies, and had to brave the fair with "Mr. Tinkel" and my sister. I saw the ride they went on - how they managed to not throw up, I'll never know!

Katie, promise me that one day you won't be "too busy" to hang out with me. If you do, I'll promise to shower and not bring up Boris II (or any of his...ahem..."parts" ever again...*maybe*). :P

The Runt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Runt said...

Bars at midnight?

Heather said...

Fried Coca Cola? How... but, liquid...???

Amstaff Mom said...

No worries Deals, I had fun hanging out w/ The Runt and Trevor!

And I'm STILL not sure what was in those stuffed jalepenos. Hopefully we'll never know.

Tim Rice said...

Deals on Wheels, your Boris photos crack me up. :)