Monday, December 18, 2006

Much ado about nothing...

Obligatory intro: According to the rules…Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you’. People who get tagged need to write a BLOG of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your BLOG. I was tagged by Lia.

I was out of town (for business, not pleasure) for part of last week, and didn’t realize that I had been tagged by Lia until this morning. My sincere apologies…

Anyway, six weird things about me:

1: I have a lot of irrational fears: doughnuts, mayonnaise-based foods, fast food joints, Peeps, etc.

2: I never realized how many of my irrational fears are centered around food until I was writing #1. Hmmmmmm

3: I have a small obsession with fiber. I love it. I refer to THESE as “my oh-so yummy fiber cookies” (JLR and RR actually gave me a bottle as a birthday present once). Last week, while at the grocery store shopping, I came upon a box of whole-wheat pasta with 12 grams of fiber per serving. This was the highlight of my weekend (and, no, I am not kidding). When I’m 80, I’ll probably need highly concentrated prune juice to generate “a movement”, I’m sure.

Conversation from last week:

--> RR:So, what you are saying is that you just ate fiber to flush out the fiber you ate earlier?”

--> Me:Well, yeah. Don’t you?”

4: I only watch the news for the weather. This has less to do with the forecast, and more to do with my need to support my local weatherperson. I feel like I have to root for them – especially when the news anchors attack them for providing a forecast that is, say, less than pleasant (i.e. torrential rain and gusty winds). Like it is the weatherperson’s fault or something! Leave them alone!

5: I’m a pack-a-day gum chewer. Sometimes two. I'm like a cow chewing cud.

6: My dogs are my children. I’d do anything for them. Case in point: Last week I had to learn how to “express” Gypsy Kitty’s anal glands. Apparently, some dogs have problems getting theirs to “express” naturally, which can be very unpleasant and uncomfortable for them. Consequently, I had to…ahem…relieve them for her. Her butt feels much better now, thank you!


I’m sure there are many other oddities about me, but these six will have to suffice for now.

Now for my "six victims" (muh haha): RR, JLR, AM, Denise, Sarah and Heather.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hrmmph! :) I did it though, because I'm a very nice girl. :)

JLR said...

Have you tried the All Bran Bran Buds? One serving is 50% of your daily fiber. Plus, they're tasty. Well, they are if you like bran (which I do).

Katie said...

I want the backstory on all these irrational fears of food. That's a good weeks worth of posts right there.

Amstaff Mom said...

I (mostly) complied to the terms of the agreement. Mine's posted.