Sunday, September 30, 2007

On Meerkats and McNabb...

First, Flower died on MEERKAT MANOR (so NOT cool), and then McNabb – my favorite quarterback – was sacked twelve times in the Eagles versus Giants match up this evening. As if it wasn’t bad enough that the stupid Cowboys won earlier this afternoon. Again. Grrrrrrr…

In other words, it has been a difficult weekend. A VERY difficult weekend. Even more so when you consider that I’m not a big football fan AND I watched the sport voluntarily today (i.e. without Trevor holding both me and the remote hostage). I know, I know. Tragic. I think I was still in shock over Flower’s unexpected death. Stupid cobra.

Speaking of Flower, Animal Planet has set up a memorial for her on their website. Click HERE to visit it and pay your respects to the recently deceased Queen of the Kalahari.


Gone but never forgotten...
I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity.

- Gilda Radner

2 comments:

The Runt said...

What's wrong with you?!? The Cowboys are awesome. Mr. PIB is gonna leave you for Romo. He's homo for Romo.

JLR said...

I'm sorry that your day wasn't so great!