Thursday, September 20, 2007

Things you'd love to say out loud at work...

Okay, so a college friend sent the following in an email to me today. She knew I was having problems "issues" at work and thought I could find humor in some of the phrases listed below.

Not once have I ever connected so with an email forward before. It’s almost like the email’s original author used MY office as his/her “inspiration”.

It’s amazing (and somewhat uncanny) how dead on it is. I’ve either: A) thought these things at the office before, or B) heard someone say these things at the office before.

Seriously…Goosebumps. I have Goosebumps.

Anyway, it was too good not to share. I was even inspired to add on to the list at the bottom. Enjoy…

  1. I can see your point, but I still think you're full of sh*t.


  2. I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.


  3. How about never? Is never good for you?


  4. I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.


  5. I'm really easy to get along with once you people learn to see it my way.


  6. I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.


  7. I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.


  8. I don't work here. I'm a consultant.


  9. It sounds like English, but I can't understand a d*mn word you're saying.


  10. Ahhh...I see the screw-up fairy has visited us again.


  11. I like you. You remind me of myself when I was young and stupid.


  12. You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers.


  13. I have plenty of talent and vision; I just don't give a d*mn.


  14. I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth.


  15. I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you.


  16. Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.


  17. The fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.


  18. Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.


  19. What am I? Flypaper for freaks!?


  20. I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant.


  21. It's a thankless job, but I've got a lot of Karma to burn off.


  22. Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.


  23. And your crybaby whiny-a**ed opinion would be...?


  24. Do I look like a people person?


  25. This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.


  26. I started out with nothing & still have most of it left.


  27. Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.


  28. If I throw a stick, will you leave?


  29. Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.


  30. Whatever kind of look you were going for, you missed.


  31. I'm trying to imagine you with a personality.


  32. A cubicle is just a padded cell without a door.


  33. Can I trade this job for what's behind door # 1?


  34. Too many freaks, not enough circuses.


  35. Nice perfume. Must you marinate in it?


  36. Chaos, panic, & disorder... my work here is done.


  37. How do I set a laser printer to stun?


  38. I thought I wanted a career; turns out I just wanted a salary.


  39. Oh I get it... like humor... but different.


Things I’d like to add to the list. No one but RR (and maybe Melissa) will find humor in them, but – as they say - it’s cheaper than therapy:

  1. Uhmmm, you know I can hear you, right?


  2. I would like to counter the notion that what I do isn’t labor intensive.


  3. Because I have nothing better to do than sneak soda down to your end of the building and hide it in the fridge with all the negatives.


  4. If I was intending to get you in trouble, I’d totally seek out someone better than the woman in charge of reconfiguring the ADA building accessibility.


  5. You know I work in a city maintained building, right? And you’re surprised nothing works?!


  6. It’s the City of Dallas. We do things half a**ed here.


  7. What exactly, if anything, do you do here?


  8. No, that’s normal. That wall shakes whenever someone flushes a toilet.


  9. Well, I guess that’s not the worst idea in the world.


  10. Was your graduate school accredited?


  11. Did he just refer to himself as our “Daddy”?


  12. I hate the world. I know I always say that, but I mean it this time.


  13. This can’t end well…


  14. Ever notice how morale increases exponentially when he leaves on an extended vacation?


  15. Wait. He didn't just say what I think he did, did he?


  16. So, what you’re saying is…I cannot have $30 to help market my programs, but he gets to take an all expenses paid trip to a learn-how-to-take-your-boss’s-job-conference in Arizona?!


  17. Am I missing something here?


  18. What, exactly, did women contribute to history prior to the 1920s, anyway? They didn’t even have the vote yet.


  19. Where is everyone today? Oh, right…[the boss] is out of the office.


  20. Obviously. I work late because I can’t manage my time.


Sigh. I think I need a new job...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your list is better than their list.
giggle, giggle

RR said...

If I remember correctly, your item number 9 was said to me in a staff meeting.

You could add to this list:
"I don't know how to make you understand this: It's not that I'm unwilling to do it, it's that it's physically impossible to do."

And
"You should consider learning what [insert big word here] means before using it in a sentence."

Deals On Wheels said...

Yes, I added in #9 purely for your benefit. What a jerk...

Lia said...

I'm pleased to report that I haven't totally lost my youthful idealism. I've only thought some of these things.

Your list is just as good as the other one. I have too many identifications here for it to be good. And I just gave up on looking for a new job.

My contibution: "Five minutes before quitting time is really not the best time to start sharing with me the secrets of the universe. But thanks for your interest."

Amstaff Mom said...

Classic Deals, Classic.

I can hear the sarcasm dripping from here.