Friday, September 28, 2007

In the category of: (JUST MY) LUCK…

Yep! It’s THAT time of the year again, folks! Today is the first day of the 2007 State Fair of Texas. I know you’re thrilled. Me? Well, I work on the fair grounds, so I mostly find the whole thing to be rather annoying (too much of a good thing, I guess).

That said, though, there are things about the State Fair that make me extremely happy. Like my reunion with Boris II earlier this afternoon, for example. I was very excited to see he survived slept through another year, and was able return to the fair this fall. Yey!

It’s completely nonsensical, but I just love that stupid pig. Here are some pictures I took of him napping on my lunch break:

Sleepy piggy...

Still a BIG BOY...

Wonder what pigs dream about?

He was twitching in his sleep...

A (giant) pig's life...

Because I am Boris’ NUMBER ONE FAN, I do take issue with the placement of his pig pen directly behind this, though:

Imagine being a pig and smelling the sausage a'cookin'...

It just doesn’t seem quite right somehow. Obviously, the people over at Owen’s Sausage aren’t very sensitive to the feelings of poor, old Boris. I guess it’s a good thing he spends an average of 23 hours EVERY DAY sound asleep (otherwise I’m sure Boris would be just as concerned about his location as I am)!!

Anyway, on my way back to the museum, I ran across these guys:

Cute, little piglets...

This got me to thinking (dangerous, I know). Do you think Boris started out so small, too? Is that even possible?! Hmmmmm…interesting. Makes me (almost) want to start researching giant pigs (boars?).

4 comments:

Jenn said...

oh, those piglets are a sight!

Amstaff Mom said...

I'm ready for my corny dog!!!

Boris looks even BIGGER this year. How, pray tell, is that possible.

He's probably not awake long enough to reproduce anyway.

Anonymous said...

I'll say it because no one else will ... Boris' balls are huge ...

I can't wait to go to the fair ... but not to see Boris' balls.

~Jef

Deals On Wheels said...

Edge: HAHAHAHAHAHA! Yes. Yes, they are! :P