Monday, July 14, 2008

Remembering Palomo and Mr. Ed...



Mom went and picked up Palomo Friday afternoon. His ashes were returned to us in a little, pine box with his name engraved on the top. Additionally, the vet pressed Palomo's foot into clay before cremating him so we will always have a way to remember him.



Once home, Grammy Pammy set up a little memorial for Palomo and invited me over for a birdie wake. He really was a good bird. It is so sad to see his empty three-story birdie condo next to the window. The living room is so quiet without his cooing.




********




I also visited the place where Mr. Ed is buried over the weekend. It was beautiful - right next to the grove of trees at the base of Edward's Plateau. This fall, I'm planning on making something to mark the site. Until then, this will have to do:


2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm sorry about your animals. I am dealing with a loss right now too - I had to put my little dog, Trudie, to sleep this weekend. It's been really hard. At least we have them good homes and a lot of love.

Deals On Wheels said...

Awe! Thanks, Tiffany. Part of me wishes I liked sea turtles more. Or some other creature that would outlive me. But sea turtles aren't very cuddly, so I guess it is all relative.

I'm so sorry about Trudie. It is always so hard to make that final call - even if you know you are doing the right thing. She's in a better place now, and is probably playing up a storm at the base of the Rainbow Bridge as I type this. I love that poem - even if it makes me sob like a baby.