Thursday, March 05, 2009

Drama…

Last night, in the span of less than an hour, the following things occurred:

  • My neighbors had a fight in the driveway (the kids were temporarily taken away by CPS late last week, so to say it is a little tense next door is a gross understatement).


  • Bert got locked out of her apartment. Trevor and I went over to sit with her while the locksmith did his thing (being a woman on a dark night with a strange man can be scary!). On our way over to her house, she texted that the locksmith was harmless and came prepared “with headgear”. Trevor thought this meant that he had a Bluetooth in his ear. I thought he was sporting orthodontic equipment. Sadly, all Bert meant by "headgear" was that the locksmith had a headlight. I found this slightly disappointing.


  • My sister tripped in the attic of her apartment, fell approximately 15 feet through the sheetrock and landed next to her bed. If she had fallen five inches more to her right, she might have been impaled by her bedpost. If she had fallen backwards instead of forwards, she would have fallen two stories down to her living room – most likely killing her. Thankfully, she escaped from this ordeal with only a couple of bruises.


Here’s to hoping for a boring Thursday evening! I could use a quiet night on the couch with no drama or near-death experiences. I see a 9 PM bedtime in my (VERY near) future!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Whoa! I'm glad your sister ended up okay.

RR said...

OHMYGOSH! I hope Amy is okay.

And poor Bert, how annoying to be locked out of her apartment.