Saturday, October 03, 2009

Dealing with the public…

Dear State Fair patron –

Please do not verbally assault me just because I walked up and reminded you that the museum closed five minutes ago. I understand that it is a free, public building, but we still have hours of operation. I also appreciate the fact that it is raining, and you will mostly likely get wet once you step outside. If I could control the weather, believe me, I would. But I am not going to allow you to stay in the building after closing time just to keep your head dry. This is a museum, not a public shelter. You should have dressed appropriately and brought an umbrella.

I’m sorry if you do not like my tone. Please understand that I’ve been at the museum for over ten hours today, and - quite frankly - I want to go home. Feel free to call and lodge a complaint against me on Monday morning.

In the meantime, please leave and take your attitude with you.

Sincerely,
The Management

No comments: