Tuesday, February 01, 2011

ICE ICE BABY...

First snow day of 2011 happened today. Sunday was 70 degrees. Yesterday was 57. Today's temperature hasn't gotten above 19 degrees, with a wind chill hovering around zero.

Last night was a bit of a wild ride. It started with thunder sleet around four in the morning. It was hard to sleep through what with all the lightening and ice pounding against the windows. And this is the site that greeted us this morning:















It looks like a dusting of snow, but it is really an ice skating rink.


Just try to drive on me, beetches!


That's right: Ice. Everywhere.

Luckily, all the major ISDs closed, so I haven't left the house all day. The weird thing is that Trevor hasn't left either. Normally, he insists on driving to work even in the most questionable of circumstances. I used to think how lovely it would be if he also had a snow day, but now I am not so sure. Not only did he WAKE UP at approximately the same time he normally would for work, he also decided to wake ME up as well. On the plus side, he made me breakfast. On the down side, he insisted that I relocate from my bed to the couch and watch PLANET TERROR. Have I mentioned that I do not enjoy horror movies? And have frequent nightmares starring zombies? Trevor is an evil, evil person. Bleh.

PLANET TERROR was followed by OUTLANDER. Not nearly as horrible as PLANET TERROR, but still involved some sort of weird, man eating dragon-like creature from another planet. Strangely, I found myself feeling bad for the alien man-eating monster and its offspring, and sort of, kind of started rooting for it. Trevor did not find this amusing. Hey, it was just trying to survive...

Who knows what is on the movie watching agenda for this evening. I am assuming something involving ghosts, possessions and/or psycho-crazy monster children.

To be fair, Trevor DID allow me to watch an hour and a half of the history channel, and is making me stew in the slow cooker for dinner. Plus, I have my laptop, kindle and a warm fire in the fireplace to distract me. Although, I not sure any of it will help lull me to sleep tonight.

Mmmmm...fire.


The fire is nice, though.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Yay storms! We're getting hit tonight, and it's going to be AWESOME.

Lia said...

Methinks I should move to Texas. That's snow? I would post the local snowfall here, but I haven't taken any pictures. Yours are very pretty.

Deals On Wheels said...

No, no. Not snow. ICE. It looks like snow, but you get no traction whatsoever.

Anonymous said...

It was nice having a couple days off but I was more than ready to go back to the office. Side note: People in Texas really really don't know how to drive in the cold and ice. Sigh. The roads weren't scary but the drivers were. :)Have another great day.
Susie