Monday, April 18, 2011

Yes. An entire post where I essentially talk to myself. Fantastic.

Wow. It has been over a week since my last post. That used to be the norm for this blog when I first started it (nearly) six years ago, but somewhere along the way I discovered that I tend to forget about things if I don’t write them down. The entire point of this blog-thing has always been to help me remember. I think it is fun to be able to go back and read what I was thinking about back in, I dunno, the fall of 2005.

Wow. 2005. I was twenty five then.

So, yeah. Basically, I put a lot of pressure on myself to continue to blog and keep up with what is going on TODAY so I can recall it later on. So, when I go awhile without posting, I feel the need to apologize to future me. Or at least make a list so I can (hopefully) remember to go back and fill in the gaps. Problem is: sometimes the post never happens and years later I am cursing myself for never posting pictures of a trip I took to New Harmony in the spring of 2009.

Sometimes I hate good ole procrastinatingly incompetent me.

And, no. Procrastinatingly isn’t a word.

This leads me to last week. It was a busy one with lots of ups and downs:

  • I am done gardening for the season. Well, almost. There are a couple of more things I want to get, but I am waiting for the butterfly plant sale in May. Whoever said lantanas come back in the spring was smoking crack. Mine are nothing but dead sticks.


  • My bat house is up! No residents yet, but I have my fingers crossed!


  • We painted the entire house. And by “we” I mean “the painters we hired”. It started out with needing to patch a couple of holes in the ceiling, and snowballed. We still haven’t recovered, and it may be awhile before art finds its way back on to our walls.


  • Went to a funeral for a soldier killed in Afghanistan. It was the first person killed in the war that I have ever had a connection to. I actually didn’t know Robbie, but I’ve worked with his parents for years. The service was so sad and so beautiful…there just aren’t words to describe it. Listening to his wife speak at the service made me want to go home and hold my own husband and never let go.


  • Gypsy’s ear continued to swell, and had to be drained. Oy vey. That dog, I swear.


  • Skipped the STRUT YOUR MUTT this year because Trevor had to work, but Alley and Haskell had a fantastic time at yesterday’s DOG BOWL. Woo-Hoo!


I guess there isn’t really a point to this here post except to say that you should expect back-posting. If, of course, you are lucky and I actually remember to do it. Sorry future me. At least this time you have a list even if I never get around to elaborating.

1 comment:

This is my life so far said...

thanks for posting this. Sad about the funeral.