Sunday, May 03, 2015

Boys Weekend...

It has been quite the weekend for Banner and Trevor.

First, there was Banner's first overnight camping trip in the backyard.  Which, as far as I'm concerned, was also Trevor's first overnight camping trip.  Because in our nearly thirteen years together, I've never known Trevor to camp.  Until this happened:


The evening was full of other fun camping activities; including hot dogs, citronella candle "fireside" games and stories, and - of course - s'mores.


This was milliseconds before Banner tried to grab the grill with his hands.
I'm not sure I'll ever recover from the memory of it almost happening.

Thoughts on s'mores...

The most amazing thing was that the both boys made it outside ALL night.  I thought for sure they'd be back in by midnight!  But I was totally wrong.  Not a peep from the backyard until about 6:30 AM.  Trevor said Banner fell asleep holding his hand, and whispered, "Night, night, daddy.  I love you," just before closing his eyes.  #omgmyheart

The next day, was Banner's very first "bayball" (baseball) game.  Spencer and Trevor took Banner early, Amy made him a couple of "my first game" posters,  and the kid got two game balls and his hat signed in less than five innings.  A successful first trip by anyone's standards.




There are many more "boy weekend' activities being planned for this summer.  Stay tuned!

No comments: