Friday, May 01, 2015

I'll ask him for his thoughts on the Kentucky Derby in the morning...


I should preface this post with the fact that neither Trevor nor I follow boxing, and it always blows my mind when I hear of another fight that I can order on Pay Per View.  It just isn't my thing, and yet it makes MILLIONS.

But it is almost impossible to escape all the hype surrounding the upcoming Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao contest this weekend.  So, when the DJs on the radio started talking about the fight, I jokingly asked Banner how he felt about it:

Me:  "So Ban?  Who do you think is going to win?  Mayweather or Pacquiao?"

Banner:  "[With authority and without hesitation] Pacquiao."

Me:  "Oh really.  Why is that?"

Banner:  "Because Mayweather too old."

Me:  "Buddy?  How do you know Mayweather is too old?"

Banner:  "Miss Stephanie said."

Me:  "Banner, I somehow doubt your preschool teacher is talking to you about Mayweather versus Pacquiao."

Banner:  "[Exasperated sigh] He too old, mama.  Trust me.  He too old."

No comments: