Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Anxious Update...

Just incase anyone was curious - "'Natural' doesn't always mean safe."

Well, duh!

Other noteworthy (newsworthy?) stories on tonight's local news:

A. Tomorrow I will need a thick winter coat, because it is going to be *gasp* in the upper 50's (this is especially upsetting for people in one North Texas neighborhood, because they don't have heat and it is, "literately colder inside the house than it is outside". How will they ever survive?!).

B. I should actively try to avoid Botulism (because, you know, I've always thought that Botulism sounded like a good idea...).

C. There was a "Pig Promotion" during last night's Pacific league baseball game in Mexico between innings. The pig apparently escaped, and no one could catch him -- save for the chicken mascot who stopped the little porker by taking, "off his head, and knocked the pig off his feet" (don't worry - the pig was apparently "unharmed").

Is it possible that tonight's news just made me dumber?

...And to think that I actually stayed awake voluntarily to be so NOT informed.

7 comments:

Lia said...

A. Sorry to keep harping on this, but we've been having highs in the 20's recently. Farenheit. So I am NOT sympathetic to your upper 50's. I think I should move down South.

B. What is Botulism? Excuse my ignorance.

Deals On Wheels said...

Lia:

A. I totally understand the temperature thing. I did my undergraduate work at Syracuse University, so I've been cold (and highs in the 50s isn't it).

B. Botulism is a something you can get from canned food (especially if the can has been dropped or dented). I think it is like food poisoning times 100, or something. Whatever it is, it is bad news (unless you inject it into your wrinkles. Then it is something worth paying a lot of money for...at least, apparently).

Katie said...

wait so what was the food that could harm your health?

Deals On Wheels said...

Yeah, that would be natural foods, in general. Apparently, people see the word "natural" and automatically assume that it is:

A. Safe
B. Healthy

This, of course, is not always the case.

So, yes, I stayed awake to watch a newscaster state the obvious.

steve said...

so it wasnt applesauce?

Ivy the Goober said...

Oh, those news teasers are so unfair. I usually fall asleep before they get to what I waited to hear, but then whatever it is it's almost always a letdown. Or they get to the story and talk for about 5 seconds but not telling you much more than the teaser did. Down with news teasers!

Lia said...

Eeew! And there I though that canned food was healthy because of all the iron! Don't forget to eat the can!