Friday, December 23, 2005

In honor of the approaching holiday...

Since Texas never looks like a winter wonderland (at least not in Dallas), I thought that I would post pictures that I took in Colorado Springs, Colorado last weekend.

~Enjoy!~


These are the mountains that surround Pikes Peak.



This is a park called "Garden of the Gods". During the summer it is full of tourists, but last Sunday it was almost completely empty. Trevor and I hiked all around the red rock formations - it was absolutely gorgeous (although, cold. The high last Sunday was a freezing 12 degrees).



This is a trail that we hiked down. It was snowing and wonderfully peaceful (and, yes, that's me standing in the middle of the path).



If you look up at the top of this rock formation, you might see two "Kissing Camels".



This is another picturesque view from our hike...



"Walking in a winter wonderland..."



This is a shot overlooking the "Garden of the Gods". We walked all around these beautiful rock formations. It was SO cold, but SO worth it!



This is another view overlooking the park...


I think this rock formation is called "Cathedral Rock". It was magnificent, especially in the snow.

This is "Balance Rock". I've seen pictures of it in the summer, and I think it looks much more beautiful in the snow.



This is my little doggie, Gypsy Kitty (AMStaff thought that she was a cat, because of her name). I had to board her at the vet while I was in Colorado. When I went to pick her up on Monday, she was so happy to see me that she would not stop crying and would not let me out of her sight (just incase I tried to "disappear" again). By 8:30 PM she was sound asleep with her favorite toy, "Frankie".

~THE END~

Happy Holidays, everyone!

4 comments:

Ivy the Goober said...

Great pictures! Amazing scenery. I must go some day.

Amstaff Mom said...

My sis took me there last November when I flew out to see her. It was snowing in Denver but hadn't snowed in Colorado Springs, so I've never seen it with snow. The pictures are breathtaking though!

I have a picture of her underneath the left side of Balance Rock, acting like she's holding it on her shoulders like Atlas. he he.

And I can now see that Gypsy Kitty is indeed not a cat. How cute that she has a favorite toy! So she sleeps with stuffed animals too? A dog after my own heart.

Merry Christmas Deals!

Deals On Wheels said...

IVY: It is definitely worth the trip. I want to go back in the summertime and hike up and around Pike's Peak.

AMSTAFF: Oh, yes. Gypsy Kitty sleeps with her "Frankie" doll each and every night. He is her security blanket, and she tries to take him everywhere we go. It is kinda' funny, actually. Even better, though, are the frequent "baths" that Gypsy gives him. She suddenly decides that "Frankie" must be dirty, and then proceeds to lick him all over. Unfortunately, this means that Frankie is perpetually "crusty", but she doesn't seem to mind. She carries him around by the arm, and curls up with him every night. Very, very cute.

I won't even disclose how many times I've had to break out the needle and thread to sew up a hole that "Frankie" has acquired (every time I sit there and think to myself, "I cannot believe that I'm sewing up a DOG TOY...again!!"). Gypsy just sits there the whole time - watching me patch him up. She'll whine and lick him on the head during the "surgery". It's almost like she's worried that he might not make it (I'm starting to worry about what will happen if/when "Frankie" finally DOES fall apart. We'll have to go to doggie therapy or something!)!

Merry Christmas to you, too! What a wonderful time of the year! :)

Amstaff Mom said...

That is absolutely precious. PRECIOUS!