Monday, March 05, 2007

Stupid SPAM, Stupid Me...

Hi, I hate to be the one to mention this, but people continue to talk about your weight issue and it just disgusts me. Whether you know it by now, people are always chattering about each other at work but you come up more than enough. I wasn't the happiest or best-fit up until a year ago or so but that did change. Thanks to my dam brother-in-law (of all people). Anyhow, it was for the best.

What I am saying is that you need to do something different and maybe you can make the same difference I did. Try this stuff I used. I took it on the idea it's just more junk but it worked great. I see more positive reviews on it nowadays and makes me feel even better. So, I am encouraging a change, not only in the chatter around here but in you personally.

-Anonymous for now

Using an anonymous email website to send this btw;) When it helps/works just send a memo out with the name "Angel" in it. Then you can take me out to lunch to thank you. Talk to you sooner than later I hope;)

Why is it I always find myself concerned whenever this message appears in my inbox? Am I really SO insecure that I believe:

A) People find my weight “disgusting” to such an extent?
B) My coworkers (all eight of them) spend their free time talking behind my back?

Yet, every time this message pops up, I find myself momentarily drawn into thinking that it is all true. Somehow, one of my coworkers is sending me this note from a fake name and email address. Yeah, I’m far from being skinny, but disgusting? When did this happen? Why did nobody tell me before now?

I guess it is the first sentence that really grabs me, and brings all of my insecurities to the surface. Never mind that I’ve received this email (or some similar version thereof) no less than twenty times in the past week or so. Yet, it still takes my brain a good 5 to 10 seconds do I recognize the message as “SPAM” – 5 to 10 seconds that the rest of my body spends panicking (and thinking about the inherent largeness of my thighs).

No more beauty magazines for me for awhile. Apparently, I need a break from them. Either that or a really good plastic surgeon (liposuction, here I come)!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have never gotten that one, thank god! I feel like I should give you a hug. :hug:!

Denise said...

I second Sarah's comment! I was confused at first, because I don't ever remember you mentioning a weight problem, but by the end I was seriously wanting to give you a hug! Spam sucks.

Deals On Wheels said...

Awe! Thanks, ladies!

The main problem is that whenever I get a new email, this little box appears in the bottom left hand side of my screen. It has the "FROM" address and the first sentence of the letter. So, all I see is: "Hi, I hate to be the one to mention this, but people continue to talk about your weight issue and it just disgusts me." I’m always, like, “Whaaaaat??” (in a sad, whimper-esk kind of voice) before quickly maximizing my OUTLOOK inbox and opening the message. Once I realize it’s just another stupid piece of SPAM, I kick myself for being so insecure (yet again).

As for the weight issue, I used to have one. About 10-12 years ago, I lost around 80 pounds. I’m not thin now, mind you, and I’m guessing that weight will always be a big issue for me (as will all the insecurities that go along with it). It sucks, though. I’m 5’10 and have always thought that I should weigh somewhere around 115. Rationally, I know that isn’t possible for me (or healthy), but still I wish for it. Sad, I know. Stupid unobtainable body ideals! Bah!

Anonymous said...

Just remember, your more than perfect to me.

Love,

T

Deals On Wheels said...

Awe! Thanks, sweetie! XOXO

(That's right, ladies! My boyfriend is awesome - even if that IS a line from a Cory Morrow song! Hands off! He's mine!)