Wednesday, February 28, 2007

On why I never went to Texas Tech...

Last Saturday was a bizarre one weather wise. We had winds gusting over 60 miles an hour, which picked up dust in West Texas and carried it as far east as Dallas and beyond. As you can imagine, I wasn't amused at all by the situation. This had little to do with the weather phenomena itself and everything to do with my allergies (which found the dust heavy air more than a little irritating).

Trevor, on the other hand, was thrilled with the pink sky and gritty air (that got stuck in your teeth while breathing). Apparently, it reminded him of his college days in Lubbock. I think he told me (no less than fifty times) that if it started to rain, mud would literately fall from the sky. As if he thought I’d find this comforting or something.

Anyway, below are some of my pictures from the Dallas Dust Bowl. I took them as I was leaving NorthPark after an oh-so yummy lunch at the Kona Grill (mmmmm…sushi). It is important to note that it was a brightly sunny day. Had the dust not taken over the atmosphere, I do not think there would have been a cloud in the sky.








7 comments:

Anonymous said...

add the smell of the stock yards blowing in and it will be like I never left.

Denise said...

Wow, I've never seen a pink sky before. But now I'm wondering - were the snowstorms in Syracuse easier to take than the dust storm? I've never experienced a Texas dust storm, so I wouldn't be able to guess which would be worse. :)

Anonymous said...

Uh ohhhh .. Trevor and I are alumni buddies! I bet he has even walked a mile from the commuter lot to the business building in 20 degree weather in December with sleet hitting his ear!

Murdough, Weymoth, Clement or Sneed?

Trevor is my friend now ...

~Jef

Anonymous said...

http://snr.unl.edu/metr351-03/jnothwehr/duststorm3.jpg

Anonymous said...

edge,

I spent my freshman year at weymoth, not one of the cleanest places in the world, espeically the elevators after a friday night.

The picture is great! Reminds me of penny pitchers, schooners, and power hour....I guess you can tell how I spent my time there.

Deals On Wheels said...

Denise: I'd totally take a Syracuse snow storm over a Texas dust bowl any day. Snow doesn't affect my allergies!

As for all of you Red Raider fans: you voluntarily went to a school in a city where "mud rain" is an almost a common occurrence. Weirdoes. :P

Unknown said...

Mud falling from the sky could be interesting... but only once. Then it would just plain suck!