Thursday, November 22, 2007

On turkeys, Indian costumes and (of course) the homeless...

Recently, the following question was posed at Pub Quiz:

“What percentage of all turkeys in the United States are consumed on Thanksgiving? One tenth? One half? Or one forth?”

The correct answer is (of course) one forth.

My team, however, responded with: one half.

Why? Well, a CERTAIN SOMEONE convinced the ENTIRE team (myself excluded) that it had to be one half, because…

(Wait for it, wait for it)

…even the homeless eat turkey on Thanksgiving.

Yes. The homeless. That was the rationale.

(Shakes head)

I tried to convince my fellow teammates that one half HAD to be too many. People in the United States eat turkey regularly throughout the year. Not just on Thanksgiving. In fact, I had consumed a turkey sandwich for lunch that very afternoon.

It all fell on deaf ears. I blame the homeless.

Grrrrrr…

In other news, here is a picture I found of my father as a small boy:


He is dressed as a Native American. Totally cracks me up. Now we know where Gypsy Kitty got the idea for her Halloween costume this year.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!

No comments: