Monday, February 16, 2009

Beans, beans the musical fruit...

This afternoon finds me working from home.

Why?

Because there was a gas leak. We weren’t too concerned about it until we could smell gas back in the regular office area. Then, everyone started to panic (including the contractors), and it was promptly decided that we’d work from home for the rest of the day.

Sounds great, right?

Well, not so much. I got the information on how to access my work computer remotely after a brief (and I do mean BRIEF) crash course, but my computer freezes 3-5 minutes after I log in. This makes for exceptionally slow progress (not to mention frustrating). To say I’m not getting a lot done is an understatement. I barely have time to start anything before my computer freezes and I have to shut everything down.

Plus, it is a beautiful day outside – something I wouldn’t necessarily be aware of if I was at work. But at home, the day is beckoning to me to come outside and enjoy it. Especially now that I have discovered that remote log in seems to cause my computer great angst. If I only didn’t have so much to do, I’d totally bag today and start over tomorrow.

Stupid remote access…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's not like you're surprised by these difficulties. As a matter of fact, this appears to be exactly what you predicted. . . But wouldn't it be nice to be wrong once in a while?

Heather said...

Our museums should hang out. This weekend, the University is turning off the water in the building, so we have had to post signs telling visitors that we won't have bathrooms. No bathrooms. Thanks for giving us less than a week's notice!