Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It looks like it is going to be a frosty Easter...

During a February 2007 thunderstorm, my aunt’s foreman, Ted (now deceased), made the following prediction:

“Thunder in February, frost in April.”

At the time, both RR and I found the central Texas weather prophecy to be a bit, well…corny. That is, until April rolled around and I received the following email:

From: Auntie Mimi
To: Deals
Subject: Thunder in February
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 10:18


Please tell [RR] it is snowing in the Highland Park Village and sleeting in Lampasas with a wind chill of 24 degrees—you city folks have a lot to learn about predicting weather!
XXX
DQ

I only mention it because Dallas is currently under a tornado watch and the forecast for this evening looks like this:

Uh-Oh...
I'm not putting my winter coat away until Mother's Day...

1 comment:

RR said...

Well, boo. I forgot about that. I don't want frost in April. I don't want it, I tell you! Boo.

Although now come to think of it, it does seem to be that if February is this warm, then late March is very cold. Maybe the Feb. warmth is related to the March cold.