Thursday, February 05, 2009

If I were a cheese, I wouldn't be a day over "curd"...

“How young can you die of old age?”
- Steven Wright


For lunch today, I had a bowl of instant oatmeal. While I was waiting for the hot water to boil, I noticed that my oatmeal pouch was best before my next birthday.

This got me thinking: When was my “best before” date? Surely it was back before the valves in my legs started their long, slow road towards incompetency. This would put my physical peak back around my 24th birthday.

Sigh. And to think that I’ve still got a ways to go before the big 3-0. I'll probably be senile by then...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your quote on this one.

This is my life so far said...

I have not thought of that before either. Ben will be 30 next Friday the 13th. He asked me recently what I wanted to do when I turned 30. I said I have not a clue it is still a ways away, but he could ask me what I wanted to do when I turn 29 since that is slightly closer. My answer was I have not a clue, it is still far away. HEHE.

The Three of Us said...

This is my FAVORITE post!
Deals you are a HOOT!