Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Playing catch up...

Things that I thought I posted about already, but apparently did not…

  1. I accidentally crashed a funeral with my coworker, Pam, in January. One of our other coworkers lost a sister suddenly, and Pam and I decided to attend the funeral to support him. We arrived at the funeral home just as people were taking their seats. There were no aisle seats available, so Pam and I squeezed into the middle of a row in the back. A woman handed me a program, and Pam and I took turns reading through it.

    Me: “What day did James’ sister pass away?”

    Pam: “Friday. Why?”

    Me: “This lady died on a Wednesday.”

    Pam: “That’s odd. Maybe James just found out about it on a Friday?”

    Me: “Maybe. [Hands the program to Pam].”

    Pam: “That weird. James’ name isn’t listed with the family of the deceased.”

    Me: “And I am pretty sure James found out about his sister when she was being rushed to the hospital. Your right. His sister definitely died on Friday.”

    Pam: “Come to think about it, did you see James process in with the family?”

    Me: “No, but I thought…whoa, Pam are we at the wrong funeral?”

    Pam: “We need to get out of here. C’mon…”

    Me: “…hold on. We are praying.”

    Pam: “Oh. [Bows head obediently].”

    We tried to excuse ourselves discretely, but that is hard to do when you are in the middle of a long row jam packed with people mourning. And it didn’t help that the woman who first gave me a program, snatched it back with a grimace when I whispered, “I am so sorry. We need to leave. We are at the wrong funeral”.

    Pam and I eventually found the right funeral, but it was a small graveside service for the immediate family. But, of course, we didn’t know that it was only for immediate family until we arrived. So, technically, Pam and I crashed two funerals in under a hour. That's just how we roll.


  2. Gypsy Kitty has been diagnosed with food allergies. She is now on special food that I can only obtain by visiting my vet. I refer to it as "Gypsy Kitty's Golden Kibble”, because it costs nearly $100 a bag. I blame it all on RR and JLR. I am pretty sure their food allergies were contagious.


  3. I’ve had several more vein procedures done in 2010. None of them major. All minor sclerotherapy. During the first treatment in February, the doctor told me that they would be injecting my veins with a new drug. According to her, it wasn’t as ideal as the drug they were treating my legs with in previous years because it caused “significantly more pain, irritation and burning for the patient”. The perk, however, was that the new drug was approved by the FDA.

    My first thought was: “I wonder why the first drug wasn’t approved by the FDA?” My second: "Wait. I've had non FDA approved meds injected into my veins before now?" I know I had a third thought, too, but I was too distracted by the sharp, burning pain shooting through my legs to pay attention to it.


Consider yourselves caught up.

2 comments:

This is my life so far said...

That is sooo funny about crashing funerals, only you Deals, only you. But I love reading about your adventures.

Lia said...

I'm glad I'm not commenting first, cuz I was also going to say that the funeral story is funny. You put the "fun" in funeral. :)