Tuesday, March 16, 2010

As Trevor would say, "You have a finger for it..."

Hi.

This isn't about me. It is about my camellia. My beautiful, pink camellia. It looks like a plant model in a gardening magazine. I am amazed that I had anything to do with it. I've had it for two or three years now, but it has never bloomed like this before.

The red camellia that I bought to replace my other one that was stolen last year is also starting to pop. As are the two that came planted in the front yard at our new house. It is like my own personal camellia wonderland.

Had you told me five years ago that I was capable of not only keeping a plant alive for YEARS but also raising one that bloomed like the ones I have now, I would have laughed and reminded you of the cactus I managed to kill in high school. A cactus that my teacher had assured me "even a idiot could take care of".

Either my luck has changed or I've found an exceptionally hearty plant and convinced it to thrive under my care. Not that I am complaining, mind you. I feel like a proud parent on graduation day. Just look at my baby!

1 comment:

Lia said...

It is indeed a lovely plant. Good job with that!