Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Bye-Bye Hermine...

Toto! We've lost the up-to-up-to-side-to-side ropes!

I was at Whole Foods this evening and kept hearing this loud, obnoxious noise while I was on the phone with RR. Only after I left the store, walked across the parking lot in the driving rain and climbed into my car did it dawn on me that it was a tornado siren. This makes perfect sense considering that the ONLY reason RR called me last night was to warn me about the tornado that was heading in my general direction. Maybe I deserve to get swept away like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz? Awesome (shakes head).

In other news, we got over eight inches of rain in my neighborhood yesterday, which completely shut down Northwest Highway, caused White Rock Lake to flood in some low lying areas and turned the area near Dixon Branch Creek into a virtual swamp. I've never been so happy to live on a hill...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally Cool....and BTW-I DO know who Eminem (sp?)... is. so, there!

Anonymous said...

Totally Cool....and BTW-I DO know who Eminem (sp?)... is. so, there!