Monday, September 20, 2010

Just not feeling the Vibe right now...

Buzz.

The lesson learned last week:
You will never appreciate having a functional speedometer
in your car until you don't have one.


So, yeah, dear, ole' Oy! Oy! The Envoy! is in the shop getting outfitted with an entirely new instrument panel. Something that WOULD have been covered by my flipping warranty had said warranty not expired late last year. I remember getting all the renewal notices in the mail and thinking, "Hey, I should renew that since Oy! Oy! is a bit of a lemon". Sadly, I (apparently) managed to NOT extend the warranty and am now facing the consequences. I blame all the wedding-related chaos of last fall. Why did I have to get married around the same time my car warranty was running out? That was just destined for failure.

And don't get me started on how this speedometer thingy is evidently common with certain years of Envoys. According to the dealership, it doesn't pose enough of a safety risk to justify being recalled.

Whatever. Whoever made that decision obviously doesn't have to drive through three school zones on their way to work.

In the meantime, I am cruising around town in a Pontiac Vibe. It has all the get up and go of a freaking bumblebee (complete with sound effects), and I swear the d@mn thing is sporting training wheels. And don't get me started on the wee-little steering wheel, because I am sure I've seen similar ones at my local grocery store:


Just keep your fingers crossed my car is ready before I have to leave for Oklahoma City on Wednesday. I'm not sure the Vibe can handle that much highway driving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny! Well, I will trade cars with you for your OK trip if OY OY, the Envoy is not up to it...
Love, GP

Lia said...

"Oy, oy" seems like a pretty good description. I hope it works out.

Little Tykes does indeed make great cars, as your picture shows. Looks like they have a couple of issues with steering to work out, but that's probably the driver and not the car. Good choice for a replacement. :)