Friday, January 07, 2011

Happy New Year!

New Coworker might assume that Coworker A is a lesbian. This isn't a problem except that New Coworker seems rather judgmental of alternative lifestyles. And - for the record - my lack of offspring after a year and a half of marriage seems to also qualify as an "alternative lifestyle". As does the fact that both Coworker A and I are home owners.

But I digress.

Coworker A is not a lesbian. She just has a lot of female friends, and they have a tendency to spend the night at her house.

Of course, New Coworker never asked Coworker A for clarification.

And, yes. All this took place over lunch in Deep Ellum.

"...!"

Somehow, all this came to a head when Coworker A walked into my office and declared,

"I am the Queen of bl*wj*bs in North Texas."

Except I was the only one in my office. New Coworker was no where to be seen. And I was working on invoices. Which might explain the look of shock on my face.

Or not.

Surprisingly, there aren't many discussions of bl*w*obs in my office.

So, yeah. I went to yoga after work today. And now I am drinking wine. Seems appropriate somehow.

The end.

(P.S. None of this ever seems to happen at Trevor's office.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whhaaaat?
gp