Monday, January 10, 2011

Sunday School. Sort of.

So, yesterday was our first time assisting Sunday School at church. Despite the weather, we made it to the cathedral a little before 9 AM.

Both Trevor and I had to take two online training modules last week in preparation for Sunday. The first was entitled "Hello. My name is Sam." and the second, "It happened to me."

Basically, it taught that you should be wary of people who spend too much time around children. Especially people who work around children or volunteer to teach Sunday School or work with children that are disabled.

"...!"

So, yeah: I work in museum education. I am assistant teaching Sunday School. And I've volunteered for and been employed by organizations that work with children that are disabled.

According to Trevor (and the diocese of Dallas), that makes me a walking red flag.

I swear I am not a child molester.

But I digress. Since it snowed (sort of), not a single kid showed up for class. At all. Which is kind of a good thing since I hadn't read the lesson for the day and had more or less no idea what to expect. But, still. It would have been nice if someone had shown up for the class. Because, honestly, yesterday was the perfect kind of day to skip church and stay in bed.

And next week? Yeah, we are throwing a party for Jesus. I'm bringing apple juice.

1 comment:

Singular Girl said...

Woot! Apple juice for Jesus! Yeah! Can I bring the vodka? Cause everyone needs vodka at a party for Jesus.