Sunday, January 09, 2011

Trevor's first trip to Jerry World to see his beloved Cowboys...

Three weeks ago today, on December 19th, 2010, Trevor got an early Christmas present. Due to illness, my aunt and uncle were unable to use their tickets to the Cowboys game that afternoon, and texted Trevor and I to see if we were interested. I think it went something like this:

Uncle Scoop: Good morning, Deal[s] and Trevor - Apologies for the early AM text, but was wondering if you would like my tickets to today's "Redskins" v "Cowboys" game? Kickoff is at 12:05 PM and Donovan McNabb has been "Benched". Still, it should be a pretty good game. For my part, I've been fighting a cold since mid-week and have decided for the first time in like forever to listen to my body. Call me at 214/xxx-xxxx one way or the other. Uncle "Scoop". ;-)

Me: Trevor says and I quote, "Yes, yes, yes!"

Uncle Scoop: Great! My tickets and parking pass are waiting for you. Just let me know what time you'll be coming over to claim your prize.

Trevor could barely contain himself. Moments after we got the texts from my uncle, Trevor was out of bed, dressed and singing. Yes, singing. If I hadn't been exhausted (we had been to a deb ball the evening before) I am sure we would have been at my uncle's house half an hour later. Trevor was like a little kid - all giddy with excitement. It just about killed him to obey traffic laws. It was almost as if he thought Scoop might change his mind or give the tickets to someone else if we didn't get there as soon as humanly possible.

As it was, we arrived at the stadium about an hour before kickoff, parked and headed inside to "explore". That was when we got the biggest surprise of the day: We had access to the Miller Lite Club! I swear, Trevor almost died. I've never seen him so excited. He was in football heaven.

But enough from me. Here are the pictures:

Tickets and the all-important parking pass


All roads lead to The Death Star. At least through Grand Prairie.


Trevor would barely pause long enough to let me snap this picture. The boy just couldn't wait to get inside!


On cloud nine in the Miller Lite Club


View of the field from the Miller Lite Club














What would you watch?




McNabb with his hands in his pants...


Yes, the roof was open, so (according to Tevo) "God could see his team".


Best Christmas present EV-VER.


Our new fine china...


Cheers!


Game face.








Game over!


Perfect day in the land of Trevor - complete with a Cowboy's victory!


Very, very happy boy!


Last picture before venturing back to Big D!


5 comments:

This is my life so far said...

Great post! Love the movie you made with imovie! great job!

Denise said...

Never mind the Cowboys - I see you were representing Syracuse while you were there! Awesome. :) And I'm sure it was a blast to go to the game! I'd love to go to a Dolphins game with Jim someday, down in Florida (his favorite team, and he'd be as happy as Trevor was).

Deals On Wheels said...

I was sporting my Syracuse t-shirt! Thank you for noticing! I have been a supporter of McNabb since his/my days at SU, and wore my Syracuse orange since McNabb was benched for the game. Silly Redskins!

Trevor said I was the only one who could remember that far back in time. I had to remind him that Donovan is actually a month+ younger than he is! Haha! ;P

Melissa said...

I can't believe Trevor let you out of the house wearing something that wasn't blue--and was supporting the other team (well, sorta. . .)

Anonymous said...

Great Post!! I love it!!
GP