Saturday, February 25, 2012

Because I don't post enough pictures of my baby...

...Or lists of things I don't want to forget.

(I just can't help it!)


  • A kid at the pediatrician's office saw Banner and asked how old he was. Trevor replied, "He is a newborn."

    Little Boy: "Does that mean he is a zero?"

    Trevor: "A zero? You mean his age?"

    Little Boy: "Yeah! He looks like a zero. I bet he is a zero."

    Trevor: "Yes, he is a zero. Why?"

    Little Boy: "Because zeros cry a lot."

    Yes, they do, kid. Yes, they do.



  • Banner hates Ashlee Simpson but LOVES Tom Petty. His favorite song is Learning to Fly. He gets this big smile on his face and starts cooing. It is adorable. He is also partial to classical music. But, again, Ashlee Simpson makes him scream. Amy discovered this by accident.



  • Banner can see his bottle from across the room and gets VERY impatient when it isn't given to him when he thinks it should be. Trevor thinks it is hysterical to torture the poor baby by dangling his bottle in front of him and then walking away. I keep reminding Trevor that Banner will most likely remember this and pay him back with interest later on in life.



  • Banner is also NOT amused when we take his bottle away to burp him mid feed. Oh, the injustice of being a baby!


  • Sumo baby

  • Ceiling fans are just about the coolest things EVER when you are seven weeks old.



  • If Banner smiles during a diaper change, TAKE COVER. You are about to witness an explosion.



  • Speaking of smiling, Banner is now grinning on purpose. It is just about the most adorable thing in the universe.


  • Yes. I drew on my baby. Stop judging me.
    I think his belly button looks like a big smile. All that was needed were eyes.

  • Not so cute? His boogers. I've been dreading this aspect of motherhood since before I was even pregnant. Gag.



  • I am slowly becoming more mobile by myself with the baby. On Thursday, I had lunch with a good friend and then ran errands AND SURVIVED. Seriously. This is a huge milestone.



  • Banner has now been sleeping from approximately 10:30 PM until 5:30 or 6 AM for the last two weeks. And we are WAKING HIM UP at 5:30 or 6 PM because Trevor gets up for work then, feeds and changes the baby before putting him back down to sleep. This is glorious because it means I only have to wake up ONCE to pump overnight. You never realize how much you value uninterrupted slumber until you have a newborn.

    Banner will usually go back to sleep until 8 or 9 AM. It is all pretty awesome considering that this has been his nightly schedule since he was only 5 or 6 weeks old.


  • Still getting lip with every "Waaa!" and it makes me giggle every time!

  • The B-Man is now eating five ounces during the day (9 AM, noon, 3 and 6 PM) and six ounces at night (10 PM and 5:30 AM). And, of course, this is only when I give him the bottle. We have no idea how much the little glutton eats when I nurse him, but I can easily produce 8-10 ounces with every pump. No wonder his little cheeks are finally starting to fill out! He is a piglet!



  • I bite Banner's nails because I am terrified of the baby nail clippers. People either think this is brilliant or are completely disgusted.


  • I hate Siri. This has nothing to do with the baby. I'm just saying.


  • This is his worried look.

  • Banner is officially in 3-6 month clothes. There are a couple of newborn outfits we can still squeeze him into, but not many. It makes me teary to think he is getting so big so fast.



  • Yes. He is still wearing two diapers. But his legs are finally starting to fill out so there is hope for a one diaper baby in our near future. Maybe.


  • First horseback ride on Peterbilt at Equest on Friday, February 24th, 2012. Wasn't a huge fan of having the sun in his eyes or the face plant he did into the horse's mane, but otherwise he seemed to take the experience in stride.

  • Banner LOVES bath time. Too bad the clean baby smell never lasts very long. No sooner do I dry him off, diaper and clothe him does he have the mother of all bowel movements. I swear he does it on purpose.



  • I've started calling his paci "The Mute Button". Because, well, it is.


  • Thanks to Auntie Amy, Banner is now a huge fan of his activity gym. And to think I thought he was still too little.

  • Things to possibly avoid while breastfeeding: Habanero Peppers. This is probably obvious to most people. So far, though, Banner has had no ill effects from what I've been referring to as "spicy milk".


  • I'm sorry, but these ducky shoes are just about the cutest things ever. And they rattle, which makes Banner smile as he kicks his legs in the air. Love! Them!

1 comment:

This is my life so far said...

Love this pist! Also love that you are doing so well going out with Banner :)