Saturday, July 07, 2012

Sixth Month Checkup...

And you know how much I look forward to these appointments where Banner gets shots!

(whimper, whimper)

Luckily, I was able to guilt Trevor into going with me on Thursday afternoon, which greatly improved the experience.  During the actual shots, Trev helped hold the B-Man, while I distracted myself with making Banner's bottle.  Not only did this keep me from crying, I was able to immediately soothe him seconds after the shots were administered by feeding him (he was hungry anyway, so the timing worked out perfectly.  I just hope I am not teaching my son to bury his pain at the bottom of a bottle!).  Minutes later, the shots were completely forgotten and we were heading out the door with a content, sleepy and fully vaccinated six month old.

Even better?  His next shots aren't until October!  Woo to the hoo!

In statistical news, Banner is now 28 1/4 inches tall (95%), 18 pounds, 3.5 ounces (70%) and sporting a head circumference of 44 (53%).  Which explains why he has more or less skipped the 6-9 month transitional clothing phase (length wise) and gone completely into the 9-12 month territory as of last week.  He is just as tall, if not taller, than some of the babies that are twice is age in daycare, and I feel like all I do is clean out that boy's closet.  It is getting a little ridiculous, especially considering that some of the 9-12 month outfits we purchased for him back when I was pregnant were for the fall and cooler temperatures.  Oops.

But the favorite part of our Thursday was this video of Banner that was taken while we were waiting for the pediatrician to come in and examine our bambino.  Each room has a big mirror on the wall behind the exam table, and I am not sure which Ban enjoyed more:  admiring his own reflection or playing with the paper on the table.

However, things got really entertaining when Banner decided to "make out" with the baby in the mirror and try to steal his reflection's paci:

Trust me:  the best part is after the paci comes out of his mouth.
Enjoy!

No comments: