Monday, June 30, 2014

Murphy's Law as applied to the diaper bag...


Yesterday, we went to the mall because it was too hot to be outside, and Trevor wanted to see if he could find something soccer related for Banner to wear to school on Tuesday.

He brought the stroller, but made the executive decision to leave the diaper bag behind because, "We never need it anymore"

Hello, Fate?  Are you tempted?

Trevor must have realized that he was taking a foolish risk, because he did opt to stick an extra diaper and some wipes in the back of the stroller.  But the main bag with the extra outfit, snacks and games?  Yeah, at home. 

So it should come as no surprise that Banner managed to pee through EVERYTHING while at lunch an hour later.  Trevor tried to convince me at first that Ban was wet from spilled soy sauce and water.  Which...?  No.  It was mostly definitely pee.  Trust me.  I got a real good look.

And who got to buy Banner new "emergency pants" at H&M immediately after?  All while holding the pantless (and still slightly damp) little guy who was urgently chanting, "Pants!  Pants!  No pants, mama! I HAS NO PANTS!" in a pull up, t-shirt and crocs?  Yeah, that would be me.

(Still not sure how that happened.)

In Trevor's defense, though, he had just bought us lunch.  A lunch, might I add, that was much more expensive than a $7 pair of orange shorts at H&M.  Still, it's the principle of the thing, right?  Because we are only - AT BEST - halfway through this must-have-back-up-outfit stage of life.  WE STILL NEED THAT BAG, TREVOR!

(P.S.  I love you.  Thank you for making me laugh.  Even if that means I have to buy Ban another pair of pants every now and again.)

No comments: