Sunday, June 22, 2014

On girls nights and boys nights and why I may never use Uber again...

I had a girl's night out, which is really saying something.  Mainly, because I don't think I've really had one (that wasn't a bachelorette party) since before Banner showed up.  I was initially excited about going, but regretted it the closer we got to the actually day.

But then I went and had a fabulous time.  With the possible exception of my first experience with Uber.  But only because the driver had self described "anger issues", kept reference pending litigation against him and had just lost his "trophy girlfriend" who, at 24, was four years younger than his own daughter.   

(Oy vey.)

Needless to say, it was a long, dark, nerve-wracking ride home.  Mostly because the driver never turned on his headlights.

But I digress.  

The girls night was fabulous and relaxing and involved chocolate and margaritas.  I'm sure there is a lesson in there somewhere.  Namely, I should go on more girls nights, and possibly avoid all male Uber drivers sporting around town in Mazda Miatas.

It was also the first daddy-son date for Trevor and Banner.  Which?...I'm not completely sure how that is possible, because Banner has been around now for almost 2.5 years.  I feel like Ban and I go on mommy-son dates all the time.  But it was the first time for my boys, and they had an equally fabulous evening drinking milkshakes and eating at Jack's Burger House.  Clearly, this was not a mother sanctioned dinner (by any means), but they had a blast together so I'm choosing to ignore the general lack of fruits and veggies shown in the photos below.  You are only a kid once, right?



To sum up, we should probably all get out more.  Just maybe not in Uber.

No comments: