Saturday, February 03, 2007

Oh, the things you hear while eating at “The Club”…

ACK!  She's taking notes!
I occasionally get to eat at the local country club when Auntie Mimi is in town. Hopefully, the following will be as funny to you as it was to those at the table...

Harriet: [Discussing the new Assistant Manager...] “I don’t know about her. She’s just…just ‘too perky’. And what is she wearing?”

Mimi: “I do see a lot of skin, but there’s no cleavage hanging out.”

Harriet: “At least not yet.”

***

Harriet: “I’m glad we came tonight. It’s been very ‘eye-opening’. Oh, look! There’s my heart doctor.”

***

Moo: “Where’s my pocket? I’m looking for my pocket.”

Dorothy: “That coat doesn’t have pockets.”

Moo: “That’s terrible! Everyone needs pockets!”

***

Mimi: “Mother, you don’t seem interested in what we’re saying. Are we not entertaining enough?”

Moo: [Half asleep at the table…] “No. You’re not. I don’t find any of you very interesting right now.”

***

Mimi: “Of course on a real bike, I’m dangerous.”

***

Moo: “I want to play golf.”

Mimi: “You do, do you?”

Me: “Well, I bet you could beat me, Moo. I’m not any good at golf.”

Mimi: “Do you want to play golf with [Deals]?”

Moo: “No. I don’t think I would.”

***

On telling my grandmother something I thought was interesting…

Moo: “Well, so what?”

***

On trying to get my grandmother’s attention…

Moo: “What’s your trouble?

***

Moo: “Are we through?”

Mimi: “Oh, I guess she’s ready to go home now.”

7 comments:

Amstaff Mom said...

Have these women become bolder in their old age or have they always been this way?

I guess you just get to a certain age when you just don't care!

Deals On Wheels said...

AM: I refer to it as, "losing their filter."

Anonymous said...

poor Mimi

Anonymous said...

Auntie Mimi was stunned when she discovered her picture emblazoned at the top of your BLOG. She is speechless and unable to comment.

Regards,
Maxine

Heather said...

Aw, that made me think of my grandmothers - I called one 'Mimi.' I miss them, but in a nice remembrance sort of way. Thanks Deals - you made me smile.

Katie said...

Ha, now you have a glance into your future, although I wonder what your name will be, mimi, moo, something good I bet.

Anonymous said...

Tell Trevor, "Thank You!"

Auntie Mimi