Thursday, February 08, 2007

On why it doesn’t pay to drink and drive…

Hitting the juice at recess seemed like a good idea at the time. It was hot and I had been thirsty. That was until I decided to drive home afterward. I hadn’t even cleared the school zone before I was pulled over by two representatives of the local law enforcement.

The only way out of this one was to pass a field sobriety test. In my mind, I tried to calculate the number of juice boxes I had consumed that afternoon. Surely it hadn't been more than two or three? Okay, maybe four. But who could blame me? It wasn't like I had dressed myself in that stupid, pink sweater!







Lucky for me, I got mad skillz on the road. Eat my dust, suckas!

2 comments:

Deals On Wheels said...

Yeah, you're right. I've always been attracted to men in uniform. Especially, when they make me ride my bike through an obstacle course in the faculty parking lot of my local elementary school. I'm surprised my training wheels didn't get hung up on any of those big, orange cones!

But seriously...what was the point of this exercise? I think I was either four or five at the time, which would put me in either Pre-K or kindergarten. Was keeping-bike-on-white-line a state mandated requirement for all kids my age? Did the test have to be administered by police officers? What made it such a big deal that my parents not only chose to attend, but to photo document the occasion as well? The whole thing strikes me as odd. Funny, but odd.

Katie said...

HAHAHAHA,
no way, you had to take a defensive bicycling course as a kiddo?

Priceless