Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Dog Bowl 2007...

DOG BOWL, BABY!

On Sunday afternoon, Trevor and I loaded Gypsy Kitty, Alley Cat & Haskell into the car and headed to a very special event:

THE SECOND ANNUAL DOG BOWL

The setting? None other than COTTON BOWL STADIUM. Awesome (or should I say “PAWSOME”?!)…

Anyway, here are some of my pictures of the event. Enjoy!
(Note: Don't forget to hold your mouse over the images to see my commentary)



Like one GIANT dog park…
The Cotton Bowl


Haskell, Gypsy Kitty and Alley Cat…
The Kiddos...


I love Haskell's expression in this picture.  He looks like a cartoon dog...
How cute are they?!


Yes, that’s right:  She dresses her dogs in pink and pushes them around in a baby stroller…
Little Dogs…


There is no bending down to pet this guy, huh?!
…and BIG dogs...


Big dog, little pool...
…and pool-breaking GIAGANTIC dogs!


This is my FAVORITE picture from Sunday.  I LOVE it!
He was SERIOUS about cooling off!


I also made a short film detailing the experience (again: dogs are the cheapest actors I can find!). It’s only a few minutes long, and I hope you will all take the time to watch it. Is it worth it?...oh, probably not, but I sure did have a good time making it. That's worth something, right?!

(C’mon! You know you wanna' watch another stupid dog video!!)


5 comments:

Denise said...

Aww, I'm jealous! We don't even have dog parks where I live. But it's okay, because my neighbor's dog has been coming down to play with my dogs - he and Bernie have a great time chasing each other around my yard.

Love the video. It must have been a blast to be there.

Lia said...

I still have trouble with the fact that you have two dogs with CAT names.

The only reason to make the video is that you enjoy it. Anything else is secondary. Not exactly my kind of event, though.

Deals On Wheels said...

Denise: Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! Dog parks are a big deal down here, and it's great to have a place where dogs can run around and play off leash. Plus, they have really cute names like BARK CENTRAL and FORT WOOF. Hehe...

Lia: Gypsy's name was supposed to be "Kitty". My favorite childhood book was entitled, A DOG CALLED KITTY (by Bill Wallace). So, ever since I was little, I've wanted a dog called "Kitty", too. Anyway, Gypsy's name was "Kitty" for the first several days after I adopted her from the SPCA. But that all changed when I had to go out of town, and left my dog, "Kitty", with my mother. Well, my mom thought naming a dog "Kitty" would give it a complex, so she decided to start calling her "Gypsy" instead. Long story short: I returned home to a dog who thought her name was "Gypsy", not "Kitty". I couldn't bring myself to abandon the "Kitty" part, however, so it just became Gypsy's middle name, instead. This was much, much easier than trying to explain to my poor dog what her real name was.

As for Alley Cat: Trevor adopted her from a rescue group that had already named her “Alley Cat”. Since I already had a dog called "Gypsy Kitty", we took it as a sign that Alley belonged with us (that and the whole black-dog-with-white-paws thing).

Does that help?!

Anonymous said...

Deals, what--ahem--"alternative" movie did you get the music from? Seriously, will you risk copyright infringement next time for my listening pleasure?

PS--since you won't return my phone calls, you should look into shoes like these: www.vibramfivefingers.com. I have two pairs, and I love them more than you love your dogs. You can see them up close when you come up to Sewanee this weekend for my graduation.

PPS--I look forward to sharing many mixed drinks with you this weekend!! Fly safely

PPPS-I got my private pilot certificate today [yay me!!]

Heart,
Turd

Lia said...

Wow! There's a real story behind the whole thing. Yes, it helped; much makes sense now. And the three of them definitely look like they belong in the same house.