Sunday, October 21, 2007

A Friend is There When the World is Closed…

Since today is the last day of the State Fair of Texas (thank goodness!), I figured I would post these pictures from a recent fair visit with out-of-towners, Phil and Hilary.

Enjoy!:

Yey!
The Texas Star…


Ew.  Fried cheese.  Gross.
Phil and his fried cheese…


Sky high…
The Gondola…


Oh, look!  The Hall of Crap!
The Esplanade…


Pretty…
International Boulevard at dusk…


Blindingly white…
The Tower Building…


Pretty…
Sunset over the Esplanade…


Pretty…
Sunset over the Esplanade…


Howdy, folks…
Big Tex…


Lights!
View from the Texas Star…


Taking it all in…
Hilary…


Texas Star…
View from the Ferris Wheel…


Texas Star…
Looking straight down…


Seriously.  He doesn’t even look comfortable…
Awkwardly sitting Emu…


Food?  Where’s the food?!
Phil’s new buddy…


Pigs!
Piggies!


Fried guacamole bites weren’t bad, however…
Fried Cookie Dough (ew…gag)…


Lessons learned from the weekend of Phil and Hilary’s visit (posted below pictures of the State Fair in the hope that no one scrolls down this far):

  1. Don’t plan in advance. If you do, their flight will be early, your car won’t start and Phil and Hilary will be left stranded (temporarily) at DFW airport.


  2. Only drink beer or wine at Gilley’s. If you switch to mix drinks, consider not tipping the bartender. I know this sounds wrong, but tipping leads to STRONG drinks. Strong drinks leads (directly) to (me) licking people in pictures.


  3. Warning: After consuming strong, mix drinks at Gilley's, I may be tempted to “grind” Trevor if BABY GOT BACK is played by the band. I will have NO memory of this the next day. If you are lucky, neither will you.


  4. Do not put ice down my shirt as this may cause me to dump the entire contents of my beverage down the front of your top as a result. I will have no memory of this, either.


The End

3 comments:

Lia said...

Looks like you had fun. The whole mixed drinks thing - I'll have to keep that in mind if it ever comes up. But probably, I'd have no memory of it. Poor Trevor.

Amstaff Mom said...

Whoa. That must have been alot of all-key-hall.

I see the pictures of the tower building and think of fair food. yummmmm. I want another corny dog.

Le sigh.

Anonymous said...

This makes only the 2nd time in 17 years I have missed the fair.

~Jef