Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Will do "Tricks for Treats"...

On Sunday, Grammy Pammy decided to throw a dog party in honor of her Pomeranian’s third birthday.

It wasn’t just ANY dog party, either. This was a dog HALLOWEEN party, complete with costumes, a “bobbing for weenies” contest and the first annual Puppy Parade around the block.

FAN-TASTIC!

I know all you metapeople out there are sad you couldn’t be a part of it. But, wait! You still can! Here are some of the pictures from the event:

It’s my party and I can cry if I want to…
The Birthday Boy, Zeus (as a crawfish)...


I’m a big dog trapped in a little dog body…
Foxy as a witch...


Foxy (a.k.a. ‘Runs Everywhere’)…
I wish I had one of her wearing the hat, too, but taking pictures of Foxy is hard.
She NEVER stops moving. Ever.


Little Bee…
Teddy as a bumble bee...
(You get a really good idea of how small he is in this picture. Those are AMY'S sneakers!)


Buzzzzzz…
If only he could fly (withOUT help from Alley)...


I’ll sting you!
Whadda' you lookin' at?!


Cock-a-doodle-doo…
Dolly as a rooster...


I like my costume!
How cute is she?!


Bawk!
Scared, yet?! Chicken!


I refuse to look happy about this…
Gypsy Kitty's Native American name is 'Not Amused by Costumes'...


There is a little tomahawk on the other side…
Birds eye view of Gypsy in her costume...


Tough dog…
Haskell...


It’s official…
That's 'Officer Haskell' to you...


My shirt is on backwards…
Haskell on patrol...


Haskell LOVES his costume.  Gypsy…not so much!
All dressed up and ready for the Puppy Parade
(much to Gypsy Kitty's dismay)...


Unfortunately, I was not able to get pictures of all the dogs in their costumes. Here's a complete list of all the dogs at the party (and what they were wearing):

GRAMMY PAMMY'S DOGS -

  • Zeus = A Crawfish

  • Foxy = A Witch

  • Schnitzel = A Spider

  • Piper = Superman


AMY'S DOGS -

  • Teddy = A Bumblebee

  • Dolly = A Rooster


TREVOR'S DOG -

  • Alley Cat = A Construction Worker


MY DOGS -

  • Gypsy Kitty = An Indian (or Native American, if you prefer)

  • Haskell = A Cop



And now back to the party:

Like bobbing for apples, but different…
Bobbing for Treaties...



Here is the video I made of the bobbing part of the party.


There (sadly) is no picture or video evidence of the Puppy Parade. I think it had something to do with there being only four people available to walk nine costumed dogs around the block. Utter chaos, it was!

My mom lives on a relatively busy street, so we opted for the not-so-busy side streets just as soon as we could (mainly so Trevor and Alley Cat would not back out of the parade and return home. Apparently, Trevor isn't a big fan of being seen as a willing participant in a doggie costume parade). Little did we know, the street directly behind my mother’s house (which is normally quiet) was closed for a weekend block party. The entire neighborhood was outside on their lawns, grilling food and watching the kids ride bicycles in the street.

Suddenly, the Puppy Parade had quite the audience. I think Trevor almost died from embarrassment.

While we were walking on the busy street, Trevor had cleverly removed Alley Cat from her Construction Worker’s costume (so he’d appear like a normal person out on a dog walk that just happened upon a bunch of loonies walking their dogs in costume three days before Halloween). However, now that we were all suddenly in the middle of a block party, Alley really stood out as the only naked dog. Trevor was finally made to put Alley’s outfit back on when a four year old girl came up to him and said:


Little Girl: “What’s wrong with your dog?”

Trevor: “Nothing. She’s fine.”

Little Girl: “Well, why isn’t she in a costume like all the others?”

Trevor: “Uh. It fell off.”

Little Girl: “So put it back on.”

Trevor: “Well…”

Little Girl: “Want me to do it?”

Trevor: “No. I can do it.”

Little Girl: “Then put it on her.”

Trevor: “I will. I will.”

Little Girl: “When?”

Trevor: “I guess I’ll do it right now.”

Little Girl: “What is she?”

Trevor: “A construction worker.”

Little Girl: “Oh. Well, I’m going to go pet the other dogs now.”


Poor Trevor. He can never win.

Anyway, with the Puppy Parade over, we all returned to Grammy Pammy’s house to watch Amy carve another pumpkin from her birthday extravaganza Friday night. These are the most recent creations (she’s really good at carving pumpkins freehand):

Devil


BOO!


Bat...




HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

3 comments:

The Runt said...

Aw...my little bumblebee! You still need to tag all those photos to me. HAPPY HALLOWEEN! I just got done watching 6 hours of Ghost Hunters...bed time!

Lia said...

That's a great Trevor story.

Anonymous said...

Great dog pictures--especially Haskell!