Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bueno!

Hi!

I’m back – just absolutely swamped. At work this week, I have literately only been at my desk for just under three hours. Total. I’m averaging less than an hour a day. The vast majority of my time has been spent overseeing museum programs and attending meeting (after meeting, after meeting). Needless to say, I am about ready for a vacation from returning from my vacation. Craziness. Absolute craziness.

Anyway, I figured I’d check in and say hello and let everyone know that I’m back, and that I plan on posting again soon. Or, rather, I have aspirations to Blog again if/when things finally calm down a bit. I have a lot of photos from my trip to Colorado that I want to share with all you metapeeps. Sigh…I wish I was back there now. Nothing makes you feel the Texas heat more than two weeks in the mountains. The temperature in Dallas right now is ridiculous. That’s August in Texas for you, though (grumble, grumble).

What else? Hmmmmm…not much is new. Had a birthday on 08-08-08, which was kind of neat (even if the Olympics did steal my birthday thunder). I spent it hiking in the mountains with my puppies and on a glider ride high above the town of Durango. Very awesome.

Other than that, though, it was a pretty relaxing vacation. Good times with good friends in a beautiful mountain setting.








Oh, and Trevor and I got engaged…

6 comments:

Merideth said...

I am glad that you had a great time in Colorado. It is so beautiful out there. Thats pretty cool that you got to take your puppies. I bet Haskell and Gypsy Kitty thought they were in HEAVEN. lol Congrats on the engagement! WOO HOOO! HUGS ♥

Denise said...

Whoa! Way to hide that announcement at the end of your post. :) Congratulations!!!!

And welcome back from your vacation. So, when's the wedding? Is it a long engagement or a short one?

Mommy's World said...

Hahaha. I LOVE how you put the engagement as an afterthought. I kept waiting to read about it. So when is the wedding? And I do want to see that ring or at least hear about it. And the story of the engagement. I know you are busy at work, so I wont bug you. Just so you know I don't want to wait until October!!! Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

My family used to go to New Mexico int he mountains in the summer. It's a very nice break from the heat.

Doesn't Trevor fan you with palm leaves while you relax on a chaise lounge?


Knot

Amstaff Mom said...

aha! I was looking for the news, and there it was, all so subtle.

teaser.

The Three of Us said...

oh Deals, I'm glad you had a nice vacation... I can't wait to read your stories!!