Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Not a good start to the day...

For reasons I do not understand, my alarm clock didn’t go off this morning. When I checked, it was set for 7:45 AM, like normal. And, yet…nothing.

I woke up at 9:12, and only then because I could hear the Toolson’s yelling at Jet in the driveway.

I hate oversleeping, because nothing makes any sense:

My Brain – “9:12? Why does the clock say 9:12? That can’t be right. I’ll check my cell phone. Hmmmmm…9:13. Wait, 9:13! I was supposed to be at work 13 minutes ago. Sh*t!”

Leaping out of bed in nothing short of a frenzy, I somehow managed to feed the dogs, dress myself, and get my stuff loaded into the car by 9:25. I was at work six minutes later.

And, yet, I am not awake. I think it has something to do with the fact that I was sound asleep in my bed less than an hour ago. My body may be moving, but my mind is still very much asleep. And I have a meeting that starts in less than three minutes that I need to be very much awake for.

Thank goodness for coffee…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your day!

Deals On Wheels said...

Today is proving to be quite interesting. Bickering board members, museum drama and nonsensical phone calls, oh my!

Lia said...

At least the commute is only 6 minutes! I've had a number of mornings when I've needed barrels of coffee - caffeine is a wonderful thing.

RR said...

Oh, you poor thing! I hope you managed to snap out of the lack-of-proper-sleep fog.


p.s. I miss drinking coffee with you.