Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Blah...

I am completely losing my mind.

Since my last post, I have:

  • Gotten a new boss.


  • Packed and cleaned my old house.


  • Moved.


It has been nonstop. This past week seems like a year. And, no. I am not completely moved in yet. In fact, I haven’t even slept in the new house. This is due to a variety of reasons:

  • My new dresser hasn’t arrived (my clothes are still in piles strategically placed around the master bedroom).


  • The washer/dryer still aren’t functioning properly (must have clean sheets!).


  • I don’t have blinds (not that my new next door neighbors who routinely skinny dip would care much, but whatever).


  • Neither shower has a shower curtain or rod. Why I haven’t managed to purchase one (or two) of each of these by now completely baffles me. It has been on the TO-DO List every day since Thursday.


Plus, Haskell isn’t adjusting well to the new house. He doesn’t understand why all of his stuff is over there, and has developed an irrational fear of his own bed. This does not bode well.

Gypsy, on the other hand, couldn’t be more excited. Her only concern was where her bed was going to be located in proximity to mine. Once she was confirmed that it was, indeed, next to my Tempur-Pedic, all was right with the world.

And Alley? Yeah, she decided to chew on the house on Sunday. This did not go over well with either of her human parents. She’s still not sure why. I need to go buy some bitter apple.

In the interim, I’ve been staying at Trevor’s 400 square foot, efficiency apartment. For the record, 400 square feet is little tight for two people and three large dogs. I can’t turn around without running into Trevor or tripping over Haskell. And the no-yard thing means I have to actually walk my dogs first thing in the morning (something I am not accustomed to). It also complicates any middle-of-the-night canine potty breaks. Generally, I just open the back door and wait for whichever dog to finish his/her business. At the apartment complex, however, this simple task involves putting on shoes, finding a leash and going down a steep set of stairs. And, quite frankly, I am not that alert or coordinated in the middle of the night – especially after being awakened from a sound sleep by a squeaking dog at 4 AM.

Normally, it wouldn’t bother me that I am not completely settled yet. It has only been a few, short days since the move, after all. But on Thursday I am leaving for Indiana. It is just a short trip to visit a relative, but considering the fact that I cannot find an empty bag much less a clean, unwrinkled t-shirt, things are not looking so hot at the moment.

Gosh…I am sooooo tired. If I had a free second, I’d totally be napping.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Oh man, moving is the worst. I hope the dogs all adjust well, and that you're all settled in soon!

Lia said...

Wow, that's a pain. I hope the furniture shows up soon, but you can probably wait a bit for a dresser. The washer-dryer, though - that's urgent!

Anonymous said...

That sounds exhausting.

Grammy Pammy said...

I have a white shower curtain and rod, if that works....hardly ever used, too!