Saturday, August 08, 2009

And in other news...

Today is my birthday.

Woo.

I had plans, but they kind of fell apart. It is just as well. I’ve spent the last several days sick in bed. I tried to run errands today, but judging by the way my head is pounding, I guess I over did it. Nothing quite like ringing in your 29th year with a mild fever.

Thursday I did something I almost never do: I called in sick to work. Trevor had a test that evening, and was also home studying. At one point, he turned on the TV in the bedroom for me. Five hours later I was only vaguely aware of the fact that I had watched an entire afternoon of E! True Hollywood Story.

The only upside to this television tragedy is that I am now full of random Hollywood trivia. For instance, did you know that Demi Moore grew up in a trailer park in Roswell, New Mexico and had a lazy eye that was surgically corrected as a teenager? Or that Sandra Bullock’s mother was an opera singer? Or that Kelly Rippa eloped to Vegas on some random Thursday that neither she nor her hubby-to-be had to work on All My Children?

Obviously, there are risks involved when you watch TV while both ill and heavily medicated. I’m still not sure why changing the channel never crossed my mind. I blame the NyQuil.

3 comments:

Denise said...

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. Happy birthday, though!

This is my life so far said...

feel better soon, it was great seeing you Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! Hope you're feeling better.