Sunday, August 09, 2009

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to...

Trevor planned a surprise birthday party for me.

When the first guests arrived, I hid in the closet. Why? Because I fully intended not to observe my birthday and go to bed early. I was sick, after all.

Apparently, the closet isn’t a very good hiding place, however, and both Bert and Susie found me without ever really having to look. After a brief cry (I’ve been crying a lot lately) they managed to coax me out of the closet and into the living room. There I was handed a glass of wine and told to make guacamole (my one specialty).

Little did I know, Susie and Bert weren’t the only people invited that evening. Over the course of the next several hours, about twenty people came and went. Trevor, Susie and Bert cooked dinner for everyone, and Amy cleaned the kitchen. All I had to do was stand there and let Trevor know if anyone needed a tour of his new bar (many did which tickled Trevor to no end).

It was also nice to hear that we have made headway with the unpacking from people who haven’t seen the house in awhile (even if it doesn’t feel like we’ve made any at all). Apparently, having some art hung on the walls has made a lot of difference - even if Trevor hung some of the pictures in the hallway at his eye level (6’3)! Now if we can only make progress with the “wedding present room” we will be all set!

No comments: