Thursday, August 06, 2009

You say it's my birthday (well, almost anyway)...

For my birthday, Trevor purchased tickets for the Counting Crows, Michael Franti & Spearhead and Augustana concert on August 4th at Nokia. We were especially excited about seeing Michael Franti (a.k.a. “Trevor’s Man Crush). Trevor and I have been fans of his for awhile now and are thrilled his music has finally gone mainstream.

I was also delighted to get to see the Counting Crows. Trevor and I had tickets for their concert (six?) years ago when they were on tour with John Mayer. I ended up having to take my grandmother to the hospital, though, and sent my sister in my place. Ever since, I’ve been looking forward to having another opportunity to see them. Good things come to those who wait.

Well, sort of anyway.

Unfortunately, Michael Franti was unable to appear because he was forced to have emergency surgery to remove a ruptured appendix. From what we gathered from Counting Crows lead singer Adam Duritz, if Franti had waited another day, he might have died. So, it wasn’t like Trevor and I could complain. At least, we might get another opportunity to see him in the future!

Plus, we still had an exciting evening. One of the security guards at the museum also happens to work at Nokia, and got us into the exclusive club overlooking the stage. There honestly isn’t a better place to wait for a concert to begin. And that wasn’t all, either. The security guard also upgraded our seats once the concert began. Suddenly, we were watching the concert from the second row. In a word: Awesome.

Anyway, here are some of my pictures. My camera was in the shop, so all I had was the camera phone (sorry!):

The Bar a la camera phone...


Trevor enjoying a cocktail. Yes, really.


Waiting for the concert to begin...






Adam still looked bigger from the big screen despite our awesome seats...


Yey!

No comments: